At DALE Motor Yachts, the DALE Nelson 38 will always be very special, regarded as one of the best Semi Displacement Motor Cruisers of it’s kind – not only is it extremely accomplished, it is the boat that established us as builders of luxury finely crafted motor yachts, “peerless build quality” was how the boating press put it, and earned us the reputation of “Kings of boats that laugh in the face of rough seas” – again the words of a magazine editor.
The standards established for the 38 then lead us into building the “achingly beautiful” DALE Classic 45, a new design from the Nelson designer, Arthur Mursell of TT Boat Designs, that was developed to offer even greater levels of performance and sea keeping.
With every boat featuring a bespoke hand crafted interior, the 45 was an immediate hit with journalists and owners.
And now, perhaps our most exciting boat to date is leaving the drawing board to enter production in readiness for launch early in 2019…
….the DALE 40 takes the Nelson 38 to the next level with the best attributes of the 38 and 45 – further enhanced sea keeping that improves on levels that already astonish even the most experienced of helmsman, and substantially more accommodation space, this is sure to be one of the finest luxury motor yachts of it’s kind.
The forward underwater profile of the hull follows the 38 to offer the best upwind ride, whilst the aft sections borrow from the 45’s greater deadrise for improved handling in following seas.
The latest CNC machining techniques have been used to build the plugs and moulds giving the new DALE 40 hull and superstructure THE highest level of accuracy and finish and allows us to customise the internal arrangements to the finest of detail.
In addition, the design features…
- a contemporary interpretation of the timeless Nelson lines – a design that we have spent months honing until every detail from every angle is practical and pleasing to the eye
- more pronounced bow flare, flared top sides and increased freeboard, for a drier ride, a greater internal hull space and improved accommodation
This increase in accommodation volume has given us…
- comfortable 6’4” headroom
- a forward cabin with ensuite heads/shower and the option for either a large double berth or twin V berths
- a large forward heads with separate shower
- a lower galley to the same spacious dimensions as the 45 galley
- a second mid cabin option for the aft cockpit version
- a spacious wheelhouse – positioned further forward than the 38 to offer the same interior volume as the 45 wheelhouse
- even more generously wide decks
- the aft cockpit version has a cockpit of the same size as the 45 and which integrates with the wheelhouse to provide an extended socialising area
- the aft cabin version has a spacious aft cabin with double berth and en suite heads and shower and an exterior helm position with a large aft deck and seating
- It goes without saying that the levels of personalisation for each owner will be everything you expect of a DALE build, whilst the standards of fit, finish, installation and attention to detail will continue to match the standards of the world’s finest motor yachts.
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)1646 603112 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like us to keep you up to date with news and photos as the build progresses.
And if you’d like to enquire about a DALE 40 build for yourself, you can speak direct to Mike Reynolds on +44 (0)1646 603112 or 0+44 (0)7879 481717
DALE 40 principal specifications
TT Boat Designs Semi-displacement hull in GRP from CNC generated high accuracy plug
Length overall (inc bathing platform) – 13.48m / 44’2”
Length over hull – 12.48m / 40’11”
Length over deck – 11.92m / 39’1”
Beam overall – 4.23m / 13’10”
Beam over hull – 4.13m / 13’6”
Draft (dependent on lift out) – 1.2m / 3’9”
Displacement (dependent on fit out) – 14 tonnes
Fuel capacity – 2300 ltrs/ 506 gallons
Water capacity – 450 ltrs / 98 gallons
Electrics – 12V
Engines – 2 x 300hp – 2 x 600hp
Max speed 20 – 29 knots
Cruising speed 16 – 25 knots (dependent on fit out)
Aft cockpit with internal helm
Aft cabin with internal and external helms
Layout to owner’s specification – forecabin with v-berths or double berth, mid-cabin option for aft cockpit model