At DALE Motor Yachts, the DALE Nelson 38 will always be very special – not only is it extremely accomplished, it was the boat that established us as builders of finely crafted motor yachts, “peerless build quality” was how the boating press put it, and earned us the reputation of “Kings of boats that laugh in the face of rough seas” – again the words of a magazine editor.
The standards established for 38 then lead us into building the “achingly beautiful” DALE Classic 45, a new design from the Nelson designer, Arthur Mursell of TT Boat Designs, that was developed to offer even greater levels of performance and sea keeping.
With every boat featuring a bespoke hand crafted interior, the 45 was an immediate hit with journalists and owners.
And now, perhaps our most exciting boat to date is leaving the drawing board to enter production in readiness for launch early in 2019…
….the DALE 40 takes the Nelson 38 to the next level with the best attributes of the 38 and 45, further enhancing them for sea keeping that improves on levels that already astonish even the most experienced OF helmsman, and improved accommodation space that improves on the already supremely comfortable Nelson 38.
The forward underwater profile of the hull follows the 38 to offer the best upwind ride, whilst the aft sections borrow from the 45’s greater deadrise for improved handling in following seas.
The latest CNC techniques are being used to build the plug which means the DALE 40 hull will be built to THE highest accuracy and level of finish
In addition, the design features…
- a contemporary interpretation of the timeless Nelson lines – a design that we have spent months honing until every detail from every angle is pleasing to the eye
- more pronounced bow flare for a drier ride
- flared topsides with increased freeboard for greater internal hull space
- a raised sole that lifts the hull accommodation into the wider space created by the flared topsides
This increase in accommodation volume has given us…
- comfortable 6’4” headroom
- a forward cabin with ensuite heads/shower and the option for double or V berth
- separate forward heads/shower
- lower galley to the same spacious dimensions as the 45 galley
- a mid cabin OPTION for the cockpit version
- a spacious wheelhouse – positioned further forward than the 38 to offer the same interior volume as the 45 wheelhouse
- option for aft cockpit or spacious aft double cabin with ensuite heads and exterior helm and cockpit above the aft cabin
- even more generous side decks
- It goes without saying that the levels of personalisation for each owner will be everything you expect of a DALE build, whilst the standards of fit, finish, installation and attention to detail will continue to match the standards of the world’s finest motor yachts.
DALE 40 principal specifications
Fuel capacity 2000 litres
Water capacity 450 litres
Engines: 2 x 330hp – 2 x 435hp
Max speed: 27 knots, cruising speed 22 knots
- DALE 40 Aft Cabin Double Drawing
- DALE 40 Aft Cockpit One Cabin Double Drawing
- DALE 40 Aft Cockpit One Cabin V Berths Drawing
- DALE 40 Aft Cockpit Two Cabin Twin and Double Drawing
- DALE 40 Aft Cockpit Two Cabin Twin and V Berths Drawing
Contact us by phone on +44 (0)1646 603112 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like us to keep you up to date with news and photos as the build progresses.
And if you’d like to enquire about a DALE 40 build for yourself, you can speak direct to Mike Reynolds on +44 (0)1646 603112 or 0+44 (0)7879 481717